Position: Website developer
bighouse graphix is currently looking for a website developer to assist in the development of WordPress websites. Please note, this position is solely a WordPress based developer position. PSD and related files will be provided so the position is not design focused. If you have design experience, all the better and compensation will reflect that based on experience and portfolio. You will work directly with the lead developer and creative director (when applicable) for all projects. This is a contract position and not an on-site position.
Occasional face to face meetings may be required on a monthly or bi-weekly basis when necessary. For this reason, applicants must be located within the Nashville, TN and surrounding areas ONLY. We are a small team that stays busy and you will play a critical role. If your work is strong, we can guarantee you will stay busy. Contract developer will be required to communicate regularly via phone or email.
• Work on projects including web layout development and enhancements
• Extensive experience with bootstrap
• Experience in responsive web design
• Working knowledge in a mySQL environment
• The ability to make WooCommerce your bitch
• Experience integrating with 3rd party APIs
• Ability to perform in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
• Determine all necessary coding requirements for site creation including forms and ecommerce capability and specialized scripts or where required, coordinate lead developer
• Test and troubleshoot websites for functionality and user experience
• Advise on the technical aspects and requirements necessary to construct the website
• Take part in the preliminary planning and development of the website where required
• Proficient in web development programs including Adobe Photoshop and related
• Extensive use and knowledge of end user programs and cross-browser compatibility issues in web page design
• Analyze, review, modify, and maintain regular client websites as the need arises
• Extremely detail-oriented, thorough and well-organized while working under tight deadlines
• An individual who doesn’t cry or bruise easily
• Sense of humor
How to Apply:ALL applicants are required to use the form below EVEN if you found us via job search engine. Please do not call or email us directly. Please follow these steps as we tend to ignore people who don’t. For consideration, please send: 1) A little info about yourself and or background. A resume is acceptable (PDF please) but anyone can fake those so be real. 2) At minimum 3 examples of websites you have developed. Again, this position is not design oriented so we are more interested in seeing a clean, light, well developed website over actual design implementation. If you are planning on sending example sites that you built using Wix, Squarespace, or that Themeforest template you thought was cool, please do not bother applying. Applicants without work samples will not be considered.
About Us: bighouse graphix is a full-service creative group specializing in brand development for print, packaging, web and environments. Since 1995, we have built strong client relationships locally and internationally through smart, strategic and creative solutions that generate measurable results.
We have recently expanded to the Nashville area and are looking to increase our footprint in addition to maintaining our ongoing client base.