Job Description – Graphic Designer
bighouse graphix is currently taking names for a kick-ass graphic designer to join our team.
We’ve recently expanded to the Nashville area and are in the process of increasing our footprint in addition to maintaining our established client base.
As designer you will help create design that rises above the noise and moves audiences to take action. You will be responsible for exploration, conceptual and visual development, and final execution of design projects. You are an energetic, motivated, and creative soul who knows “damn good” is where to begin.
Our client roster runs the gamut from startups to multi-national companies. We’re a small team and you will play a critical role. Be ready every day to think, question, and produce. Typical projects include print designs, packaging/displays, website design, web graphics and environmental. Your teammates will include the creative director and our lead developers and/or copywriters as needed.
This is an open-ended/contract position and pays $25 to $40 per hour starting, based on 15-20 hours/week and can increase depending on workflow.
Applicants must be located in Franklin/Nashville, TN and surrounding areas ONLY. Yes, this is primarily a WFH position, but in-person meetings and team collaboration are occasionally required. Sometimes they’re monthly, sometimes bi-weekly. Seriously – please don’t waste our time if you are not CURRENTLY located within on hour or the Nashville/Franklin TN area as your application will be rejected.
• Excellent design skills with an understanding and experience of brand strategy and design
objectives for assigned projects
• A black belt in Adobe CS (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop & Acrobat Pro), and Mac OS
• An unnatural ability to stay focused and deliver under the pressure of tight deadlines
• An outstanding grasp of current web and print best practices (design, not development)
• A strong sense of design, layout, and typography principles
• A solid knowledge of printing and production processes
• A commitment to professionalism, attention to detail, hard work, and superior creative
• The ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• A psyche that doesn’t cry or bruise easily. Clients say no, and sometimes not very nicely
• A sense of humor and the confidence to wield it
bighouse graphix is a full-service creative group specializing in brand development for print, packaging, web and environments. For over 25 years we have built strong relationships locally and internationally through intelligent, strategic, and creative solutions that generate measurable results and really, really happy clients.