Position: Graphic Designer
bighouse graphix is currently looking for a graphic designer to add to our team. Qualified candidate must be an energetic, motivated, creative individual who pays exceptional attention to detail. Successful candidates will be versatile and able to take direction and responsibility for assigned projects.You will work directly with the creative director and where applicable, our lead developer for all projects. This team member will be responsible for exploration, conceptual and visual development, and final execution of design directions. Jobs may include anything from packaging/displays, web, print and environment and run the gamut from simple to entire campaigns. We are a small team and you will play a critical role. If your work is strong, we can guarantee you will stay busy. You will work directly with a lead developer and creative director for all projects. This is a contract position and not an on-site position. Occasional face to face meetings may be required on a monthly or bi-weekly basis when necessary. For this reason, applicants must be located within the Nashville, TN and surrounding areas ONLY. We are a small team that stays busy and you will play a critical role. If your work is strong, we can guarantee you will stay busy. Contract developer will be required to communicate regularly via phone or email.
• Kick ass design skills with understanding of brand strategy and design objectives for assigned projects
• A black belt in a Mac OS environment – Adobe CS including Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop & Acrobat Professional
• Good understanding of current web and print best practices
• Solid knowledge of printing and production processes
• Commitment to professionalism, hard work and high-quality creative concepts
• Possess a strong sense of design, layout and typography principles
• Ability to maintain focus under pressure of tight deadlines
• Maintain accuracy and attention to detail throughout the creative and production process
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Ability to perform in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
• An individual who doesn’t cry or bruise easily
• Sense of humor
How to Apply: ALL applicants are required to use the form below EVEN if you found us via job search engine. Please do not call or email us directly. Please follow these steps as we tend to ignore people who don’t. For consideration, please send: 1) A little info about yourself and or background. A resume is acceptable (PDF only) but anyone can fake those, be real. 2) 5 to 7 examples of your strongest portfolio work (in a single multipage PDF only) or a link to your website or portfolio. Applicants without work samples will not be considered.
About Us: bighouse graphix is a full-service creative group specializing in brand development for print, packaging, web and environments. Since 1995, we have built strong client relationships locally and internationally through smart, strategic and creative solutions that generate measurable results.
We have recently expanded to the Nashville area and are looking to increase our footprint in addition to maintaining our ongoing client base.